Saturday, July 19, 2008

"Vacation"?

So I said it would just be a couple days, ya well, it's been a little longer. At the last minute we (my children and I, my other half was unable to get work off last minute) decided to join my parents on their vacation in the very hot Mesquite. Outside of the heat it was very nice. I was thinking about it and trying to figure out why vacations are enjoyable? We still have to feed, bathe, care for, and clean up after our children, not only that, but sleeping is a near feat!! Then I realized, I don't have to BE anywhere. I don't have any swimming lessons, doctors appointments, birthday partys, museums, parks, I don't have to provide any entertainment! On vacation we wake up, eat, and head to the pool (we only come back from the pool to eat again). So outside of a little "water logged", and over "junk-fooded", it was a nice break from day to day life. If I can figure some of this stuff out I will try to add a slide-show.

4 comments:

AZ SMITHS said...

Welcome to the blog world! We were up in Utah this past week. Too bad we couldn't have gotten together. I actually went up to Idaho and saw Kamber and Hilary last weekend. Sometime we'll have to plan a mini reunion! It's fun to see your family!

Andrea

A day in life of the Pritchetts said...

I'm so glad you got your blog up and running, it looks great. I just posted the Mr. Moore pictures, and I wanted to get Kelsi's email address. Can you email it to me please. Thanks

Chris and Erin said...

I am so glad you caved to the pressure.

Kimi said...

I found your blog, and I am glad you are caving! It is fun to see the cute families of my students! Tell Conner I said Hi, and I hope he is having a great summer!