Wednesday, September 3, 2008

LABOR DAY!







So at the last minute we decided to get one last camping trip in before the summer was a distant memory. We headed out to Ophir. My kids enjoyed a weekend of getting dirty, eating junk food, and not having to comb their hair (yes, hair combing is a big deal at our house. Britton and Ryann might refer to it as torture.) The first couple of days were great. We played in the river in the hot weather and rode the wheelers. By Sunday it was looking a little gray. By 6:30 PM we decided we didn't want to stay if it was raining and we would have to stay in our trailer. So we packed up and headed out. Well, it didn't go as quickly as we thought it would, and we pulled out at dusk. Now because Ophir is so close we had taken the trailer out Thursday night and parked it. We came home and then went out to stay on Friday. Brandon decided he would follow me in his jeep pulling the wheelers. This was fine until I realized I would have to pull the trailer home. Normally, in good weather, this would give me anxiety. When we pulled out of our spot to head down the canyon it started to rain! The rain progressively got worse and worse. Now let me remind you, Brandon is in his Jeep, with only his bikini top on and half doors - no walls! It got dark quickly. It was raining so hard I couldn't see the lines on the road. So, I was freaking out. I was carrying precious cargo. I had a white knuckle grip on the steering wheel. To add to the drama, the jeep headlights started to flicker, so he was depending on me to lead him. So the normally 45 min. drive home took two hours. I aged five years during those two hours, and was never more thankful to have arrived home safely. I am so grateful for my husband who I always feel safe with. Please don't make me pull the trailer ever again! We just had to have one last camping trip!


2 comments:

Chris and Erin said...

I agree pulling trailers is a little tricky and I all out panick in the rain. You are more daring then I am.

Kimi said...

I am with you, the trailer pulling is all for the boys! How scary, but glad you made it home safe.